[systemd-devel] socket activation systemd holding a reference to an accepted socket

Pathangi Janardhanan path.jana at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 04:14:40 UTC 2016

Hi,
 Please see this thread
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.systemd.devel/35437, and for
that usecase,  the suggestion to do shutdown did work fine, and with that I
was able to handle this case.

 At that time, the other request I had was if sd_pid_notify_with_fds or
equivalent could be enhanced to explictly ask systemd to forgot some FDs,
as I felt that would be useful in situations where systemd is being used as
FD store, and the FDs that are being stored may not always support shutdown
type of activity.

>> Normally one would solve this by inserting shutdown(fd, SHUT_RDWR) at
>> the right place, since that *really* terminates the connection,
>> regardless if anyone else has an fd open still. Is that an option
>> here?
>>

> I didn't actually try that myself but that was the 2nd thing that I
> suggested when I got the original problem report and the developer who
> reported the problem told me that it didn't work.
>

>> Thanks
Jana