[systemd-devel] Unable to store fds with systemd and reterive it back again

Pathangi Janardhanan path.jana at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 09:48:17 PST 2016

Hi Daniel,
 >It's only necessary to connect() sockets that are in connection mode
>(SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_SEQPACKET), but this one is a SOCK_DGRAM socket.

>The reason why this is failing is because your systemd version is too
>old. All versions prior to v227 have a bug that causes a miscalculation
>of the msg_controllen value of the message header, hence the syscall
>rightfully fails. Any chance the Ubuntu people could backport a5bd3c32?
>Martin?

>As a workaround, you basically have to options:
>a) open-code the routine as you did, but you can leave off the
connect()call, that's not needed.

  Yes, it works without the connect thank you. Maybe I will try to see if I
can locally move to the latest version.

>b) Pass your own PID to sd_pid_notify_with_fds()

 I had tried that before and it does not work, looks like even though my
nfds is never zero, the have_pid flag is causing the issue,
and to set that flag I have to pass a PID that is not my process PID?

Thanks
Jana