[systemd-devel] Subprocess

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Mon Jan 11 09:34:47 PST 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 07:58:30PM +0300, Mihamina RAKOTOMANDIMBY wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Walking trhough my virtual machines, I noticed something strange:
> The sensu process is inside the CFEngine CGroup.
>
> This is mainly because of the way I launch Sensu after install
>
> Please have a look at
>  https://bitbucket.org/snippets/rakotomandimby/nLkaM
>
> How should I launch Sensu on systemd enabled system in order to have it
> in a dedicated CGroup? Should I create the service file and start it
> instead?

  Yes, that would be preferable.  But you can use systemd's SYSV compatibility
and replace lines 4 and 5 by:

     "sensu[command][start]" string => "/bin/systemctl start sensu-client";
     "sensu[command][restart]" string => "/bin/systemctl restart sensu-client";

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia