[systemd-devel] What if I start a unit requiring a masked unit ? (issue #2315)

Franck Bui fbui at suse.com
Mon Jan 18 05:31:09 PST 2016

Hi,

I initially opened an issue in order to get feedback on the desired
behaviour but I'm reposting here in order to get a wider audience.

Here's the question:

How systemd should behave when starting a unit that requires a masked unit ?

Currently it just accepts to do so but prior to v219 it had always refused.

Commit caffa4e changed this behaviour accidentally it seems.

Whatever the answer I think the documentation should be improved
regarding $subject.

Thanks.