[systemd-devel] Should pam-activated systemd --user daemon quit after session has been closed?

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Fri Jan 22 15:41:36 PST 2016

On 23.01.2016 00:37, Kai Krakow wrote:
> Am Sat, 23 Jan 2016 00:20:34 +0100
> schrieb "Armin K." <krejzi at email.com>:
>
>>> My first guess is: Does your Xsession try to spawn dbus itself?
>>> Have you tried commenting it out? Should be in /etc/X11 or
>>> somewhere in the session files installed by lightdm.
>>>

>> There's only one dbus user daemon. I have no XSession (cough,
>> lightdm, cough), and no files in /etc/X11 that start one.
>
> Even lightdm uses session scripts. They are just not where you expect
> them (read: not in /etc/X11).
>
> SDDM has them here:
> /usr/share/sddm/scripts
>
> These even source some scripts from /etc/X11 (at least in Gentoo).
>
> I don't remember where lightdm stored those.

I don't have any distro scripts. Just the stock XSession file shipped by
lightdm source tarball that should load bunch of files if they are available.
I haven't got a single file that's referenced in XSession. Nothing else but
systemd starts user bus (and that's not the real issue either, so I don't see
what it has to do with all this)