[systemd-devel] possible bugs w/ defining .mount services

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jan 25 14:47:11 PST 2016

On Mon, 25.01.16 18:04, Jonathan Dowland (jon+systemd-devel at alcopop.org) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am I wrong to believe that with one can interchangeably refer to .mount
> units via their paths?  It seems to work inconsistently. (this all with
> version 215).

Only "systemctl" and "journalctl -u" will try to mangle strings so
that you can specify file system paths where a unit name is
expected. This is done in order to help the user when he's operating
interactively, so that he can be a bit sloppy when there's no chance
of misunderstanding the desired operation.

However, in unit files we do not allow this, and strictly expect
correct unit name syntax.