[systemd-devel] [Solved] How to mount NFS prior to start postgresql from this volume

wolfgang.wagner at riwa-gis.de wolfgang.wagner at riwa-gis.de
Mon Jul 4 09:40:32 UTC 2016

Thank You Lennart,

your tip was the solution for my problem.
Now all works as expected.
Only one question remains: I do not understand, why the "@" in the directory-name is necessary or what it does.

The other question about the dependency-cycle remains open, but I presume, this is a problem between Vmware and Debian.

> So, there's an ordering cycle: basic.target → sysinit.target → rpcbind.service → network-line.target → vmware-tools.service → basic.target. Reach each arror in this as "After=" ordering.
>
>This suggests some borkage probably either in vmware-tools.service or in rpcbind.service. Not sure why the latter wants to be ordered until after the network is fully up, and not sure why
> the former wants to be ordered before that... The key of the issue though is that vmware-tools is declared a late-boot service (since it wants to be ordered after basic.target) while
> rpcbind.service is declared an early boot service (since it wants to be ordered before basic.target), but of course that cannot be fulfilled, given both their request for ordering towards
> network-online.target.
>
> Consider asking your distro for help, or vmware. This is really borkage in those unit files. Most likely rpcbind is most broken service in this regard.

The Distro is a plain Debian 8.5 running on vmware 6.0

The Cycle comes from the init.d-file of the vmware-tools.
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: vmware-tools
# Required-Start: $local_fs
# Required-Stop: $local_fs
### END INIT INFO
I do not understand, how systemd interprets this information and builds its dependencies, this requieres more reading in the doku by me.

Thank You for Your quick help.

mit freundlichen Grüssen

Wolfgang Wagner
Systemadministration

RIWA GmbH
Gesellschaft für Geoinformationen
Zwingerstr. 2, 87435 Kempten
E-Mail: wolfgang.wagner at riwa-gis.de
http://www.riwa-gis.de

RIWA GmbH, Zwingerstrasse 2, 87435 Kempten
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Kempten (Allgaeu)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Kempten, HRB 6480
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dipl.-Ing. Guenter Kraus