[systemd-devel] How to set a limit for mounting roofs?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jul 5 15:48:49 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:
> 04.07.2016 21:32, Chris Murphy пишет:
>> I have a system where I get an indefinite
>>
>> "A start job is running for dev-vda2.device (xmin ys / no limit)"
>>
>> Is there a boot parameter to use to change the no limit to have a
>> limit? rd.timeout does nothing.
>
> It should. Use rd.break and examine unit configuration (systemctl show
> dev-vda2.device) as well as /run/systemd/system/dev-vda1.device.d.
> dracut is using infinite timeout by default indeed.

pre-mount:/# systemctl status dev-vda2.device
Got unexpected auxiliary data with level=1 and type=2
Accepted new private connection.
Got unexpected auxiliary data with level=1 and type=2
Got unexpected auxiliary data with level=1 and type=2
Got message type=method_call sender=n/a
destination=org.freedesktop.systemd1
object=/org/freedesktop/systemd1/unit/dev_2dvda2_2edevice
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties member=GetAll cookie=1
reply_cookie=0 error=n/a
Sent message type=method_return sender=n/a destination=n/a object=n/a
interface=n/a member=n/a cookie=1 reply_cookie=1 error=n/a
● dev-vda2.device
   Loaded: loaded
  Drop-In: /run/systemd/generator/dev-vda2.device.d
           └─timeout.conf
   Active: inactive (dead)
Got disconnect on private connection.

pre-mount:/# ls -la /run/systemd/system/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root 0  40 Jul  5 15:36 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root 0 180 Jul  5 15:36 ..

This is CentOS 7.2.
pre-mount:/# systemctl --version
systemd 219
+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP
+LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ -LZ4 -SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS
+KMOD +IDN

Once I get a better idea what's going on here, I'll check it with
Fedora Rawhide so any bugs/rfe's are based on stuff closer to upstream
versions.

--
Chris Murphy