[systemd-devel] How to set a limit for mounting roofs?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jul 5 16:53:53 UTC 2016

New console log.
Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.10.0-327.22.2.el7.x86_64
root=/dev/vda2 ro rootflags=subvol=root,degraded vconsole.keymap=us
crashkernel=auto vconsole.font=latarcyrheb-sun16 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
rd.timeout=30 rd.debug rd.udev.debug systemd.log_level=debug
systemd.log_target=console console=ttyS0,38400

It seems like this dracut doesn't understand rd.timeout. And even with
rd.shell it doesn't drop to a shell. I don't see any attempt to even
mount vda2 so I don't know what the job is waiting for. If the mount
were to explicitly fail not finding vda2 or the root subvolume or
unable to mount degraded, that presumably would trigger rd.shell. But
that doesn't happen, just waiting.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_2Asp8DGjJ9WW9FMzIwNGJQSGc

Chris Murphy