[systemd-devel] How to set a limit for mounting roofs?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jul 5 20:00:13 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> OK it must be this.
>
> :/# cat /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/64-btrfs.rules
> # do not edit this file, it will be overwritten on update
>
> SUBSYSTEM!="block", GOTO="btrfs_end"
> ACTION=="remove", GOTO="btrfs_end"
> ENV{ID_FS_TYPE}!="btrfs", GOTO="btrfs_end"
>
> # let the kernel know about this btrfs filesystem, and check if it is complete
> IMPORT{builtin}="btrfs ready $devnode"
>
> # mark the device as not ready to be used by the system
> ENV{ID_BTRFS_READY}=="0", ENV{SYSTEMD_READY}="0"
>
> LABEL="btrfs_end"

Yep.
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-commits/2012-September/002503.html

The problem is that with rootflags=degraded it still indefinitely
hangs. And even without the degraded option, I don't think the
indefinite hang waiting for missing devices is the best way to find
out there's been device failures. I think it's better to fail to
mount, and end up at a dracut shell.

--
Chris Murphy