[systemd-devel] How to set a limit for mounting roofs?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Jul 9 20:26:43 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:

> Well, personally I am not convinced that a policy of "automatic time-based
> degrading" is a good default policy, and that a policy of "require
> manual intervention to proceed with degrading" is a better default
> policy.

I think that's true, otherwise it second guesses the default behavior
of Btrfs when a volume's devices aren't all present.

But conversely right now there is no way to proceed with manual intervention.

> That all said, I am sure in many setups such an automatic degrading is
> useful too, but I am also sure that any fancier policies like that
> really shouldn't be implemented in systemd, but via some daemon or so
> shipped in btrfs-progs really.

That's being floated on the Btrfs list also. The caveat is this ends
up looking something like LVM's dmeventd or mdadm --monitor daemon.

--
Chris Murphy