[systemd-devel] Zero downtime restart of Web application (Nginx, Puma, JRuby)

Kai Hendry hendry at webconverger.com
Thu Jul 14 03:41:15 UTC 2016

On Sat, 18 Jun 2016, at 07:56 PM, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Is that possible by just using systemd, or is a load balancer like
> HAProxy or a special NGINX configuration and service file templates
> needed?

I'm looking for answers too and the best switcheroo I've found so far is
http://dokku.viewdocs.io/dokku/deployment/zero-downtime-deploys/ which
leverages Docker and it's not at all integrated with systemd.

Guess a systemd integrated solution would be leveraging machinectl,
journalctl and more powerful service control, but I haven't seen an
orchestrated deployment like that yet. Maybe CoreOS has something, I am
not sure.