[systemd-devel] mount units and automatic (un)mounts

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:10:19 UTC 2016

15.07.2016 19:50, Alad Wenter пишет:

>>> "systemctl reset-failed" is issued (note that appending the .mount unit
>>> doesn't work in this case, giving a "Unit mnt-transcend\x2dsdhc.mount is
>>> not loaded" error).
>>>
>> So how exactly do you call it?
> % sudo systemctl reset-failed mnt-transcend\x2dsdhc.mount
> Failed to reset failed state of unit mnt-transcendx2dsdhc.mount: Unit
> mnt-transcendx2dsdhc.mount is not loaded.

Sorry if I was not clear. You said this did not work, implying some
other invocation did. If "appending .mount unit does not work", I expect
some other command that *does* work?

> Being now aware of the distinction between in-memory and static units, I
> assume this is due to mnt-transcend\x2dsdhc.mount being in-memory? The
> reset-failed command works as expected with .mount units which are on disk.

Well, if this mount unit was instantiated from /proc/self/mountinfo,
then goes away then of course systemd does not know anything about it
any more.

>>> [Service]
>>> Type=oneshot
>>> RemainAfterExit=yes
>>> ExecStart=/bin/mount -a -t nocifs,nosmbfs,nonfs
>>>
>>> [Install]
>>> WantedBy=local-fs.target
>>>
>>> However, according to the systemd.mount(5), .mount units will be
>>> generated either way. Oddly enough, when using the above service they
>>> don't seem to cause automatic mounts/unmounts.
>>>
>> Because in this case you do not have static mount units, and for
>> transient mount units (created from external mount event) things were
>> partially fixed by not requiring existing device.
> Could you give a pointer on what release this was partially fixed in? In
> the NEWS file, I only found a mention to systemd 219 which introduced
> unmounting of unavailable devices.

I mean this commit

commit 628c89cc68ab96fce2de7ebba5933725d147aecc