[systemd-devel] Redirecting logfile to journald

Juanjo Presa juanjop at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 22:55:43 UTC 2016

Hi, I'm running a service that only writes output to log file, not
configurable. Then I'm trying to link the log file to /dev/stdout but I
guess that is not enough to be received by journald because is not working.

As I've read here: https://github.com/coreos/rkt/issues/2640 really
/dev/stdout is redirected to /proc/self/fd/1 and then to a journald
inaccesible socket.

Is there another way to feed journald?
Maybe an systemd-cat wrapper, but I'm trying hard to get rid of shell
scripts.

I'm running:

systemd 229
+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP
+GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ -LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD -IDN

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (Xenial Xerus)

Thanks in advance.