[systemd-devel] new job systemd-cryptsetup at arkluks.service/stop - Why?

Dave T davestechshop at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 04:57:51 UTC 2016

Is systemd expected to stop / unmount an encrypted device when another
device containing the keyfile used to mount it (e.g., a removable USB
drive) is removed?

when I umount and then remove the USB disk, I see the following line in
journalctl:

Jul 25 22:11:20 mserver systemd[1]: systemd-cryptsetup at aluks.service:
> Installed new job systemd-cryptsetup at aluks.service/stop

I will send more logs when I find out exactly how to reproduce this on
another system.

In the mean time, I appreciate any information on why systemd-cryptsetup
might stop a service when a different storage device is removed.

Also, would the mount options in fstab impact this behavior? Currently I am
not using systemd.automount on this machine. Should I? My mount options are
similar to:

rw,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,subvolid=123,subvol=@myid
>     0 0

Thanks