[systemd-devel] [ISSUE] network block when it kill teamd service with "Before=network-pre.target"

Xin Long lucien.xin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 18:36:18 UTC 2016

I want teamd.service is stopped after network is stopped when system
shutdown, then I add two line in teamd.service as systemd-devel suggests.

    Before=network-pre.target
    Wants=network-pre.target

But in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifdown-Team, it also kills teamd with:

    /usr/bin/systemctl stop teamd@${DEVICE}.service || exit 1

network service will call it when system shutdown

So it means network service seems trying to kill the service (teamd) that is
dependent on network service itself when system shutdown, then network
block there until 300s timeout.

I think it's the reason why it blocks.
If it's true, is there a good way to avoid or fix this ?

Thanks.