[systemd-devel] systemd network interface names - new twist

JB general at itpsg.com
Thu Jun 2 12:24:39 UTC 2016

I'm running kernel 3.18.22. I'm seeing some odd behavior from systemd.
The motherboard is an intel board with dual onboard NIC. I installed
FC21 initially with secondary ethernet interface disabled in the BIOS.
Then after install, I enabled it. However, while the first NIC name
comes up as expected getting renamed from eth0 to eno#. The second NIC
never gets renamed and instead is brought up as eth1.

What's up with that? I thought they were all supposed to get en* names.
I mean after all, I've already retooled all our software to accommodate
the new scheme.