[systemd-devel] systemd network interface names - new twist

JB general at itpsg.com
Thu Jun 2 21:52:16 UTC 2016

On 6/2/2016 11:28 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 02.06.2016 um 19:24 schrieb JB:

>>> well, i overlooked that someone posts problems with a long ago EOL
>>> distribution which should not have contact to any network at all
>>>
>>> hence the proper response would have not been "fedora specific issue"
>>> but "you don't run any usable system at all"
>>
>> That is pretty damn presumptuous
>
> really?
>
> only when you are not aware that i run our complete infsrastructure
> and dozens of servers for 8 years on Fedora and *never* had a EOL
> machine running
>
> if you can't manage dist-upgrades in that frequency just don#t install
> a operating systems which requires you to do so - that's it

Yes, really. It's really damn presumptuous to assume that whatever few
dozen servers you manage can and should represent every single other
scenario, use case, application, and environment all over the rest of
the world and "that's it." You can yell, scream, insult my intelligence,
and all the other manner of bullying I've seen come out of the people
behind this project which, IMHO is the primary contributor to all the
divisiveness experienced in the open source community over systemd. I
don't expect you to believe me or listen, or frankly even care about
other users out there but I do hope you will at least consider that
there is reality beyond your world. I fully expect some insulting
arrogant dismissive or insulting blow off so you can have the last word
or whatever, but I will no longer feed this thread as it is not productive.