[systemd-devel] CentOS 7 system using abstract namespace socket for notifications

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Sun Jun 5 02:49:48 UTC 2016

Hi,
I'm trying to make my javascript application compatible with the systemd
service notification mechanism but currently have the problem that while
everything works fine on my Fedora 22 system this is not the case when I
run the same code on a CentOS 7 system.

I tracked this down to the fact that on the Fedora system a filesystem
socket is used but on the CentOS 7 an abstract namespace socket with the
name "@/org/freedesktop/systemd1/notify" is used which requires
different handling.

I have two questions:
1) Why are the two systems using different types of sockets?
2) Is this configurable? If so how and if not what other way is there to
test my service with abstract namespace notification sockets on my
development machine?

Regards,
  Dennis