[systemd-devel] question on special configuration case

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:50:49 UTC 2016

On 06/07/2016 03:13 PM, Hebenstreit, Michael wrote:

>   we need to keep the OS of our systems are stripped down to an absolute bare minimum.

If you need absolute bare minimum systemd [¹] then you need to
create/maintain your entire distribution for that ( for example you
would build systemd so you just with what you need and use systemd's
built in networkd not NetworkManager, timesyncd not ntp etc, change sshd
to be socket activate, only install components necessary for the
application to run, kernel mods so fourth and so on ) .

If you need to perform benchmark on Red Hat and it's derivatives/clones
then disable this would scew the benchmark output on those would it not?

Can you clarify how dbus-daemon, systemd-journald, systemd-logind,
systemd-udevd are causing issue/impacting in the above setup some thing
more than "I dont think we need it hence we want to disable it".

JBG

1. https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/MinimalBuilds/