[systemd-devel] service startup time ?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jun 8 16:20:00 UTC 2016

On Wed, 08.06.16 16:58, lejeczek (peljasz at yahoo.co.uk) wrote:

> sorry to bother devel, I've sroogled up but failed to find an answer to this
> simple question - can I get the time that a service takes to start? Also at
> what time after kernel loaded service commenced its startup?

systemctl show foobar -p InactiveExitTimestampMonotonic -p ActiveEnterTimestampMonotonic

That provides you with the monotonic timestamps (i.e. time since boot,
in µs) of the time where the service "foobar" left the "inactive"
state, as well as the time where it entered the "active" state. The
difference between the two is the service startup time.