[systemd-devel] Can LSBInitScipts specify an dependency on systemd unit?

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:00:52 UTC 2016

On 06/09/2016 09:02 AM, Ross Lagerwall wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Bao Nguyen <baondt at gmail.com> wrote:
> With a new enough systemd, you should be able to add a snippet to extend
> the initscript like this:
> $ cat /etc/systemd/system/my_lsb_service.service.d/local.conf
> [Unit]
> Requires=systemd_1.service
> After=systemd_1.service

That's just silly and introduces another level of administrator headache.

What he's requesting is something that belongs as a feature request in
sysv or the likes and never should be supported in systemd in any shape
or form.

If you use systemd write type unit for that not legacy sysv initscript.

JBG