[systemd-devel] Using btrfs subvolumes with systemd

Florent Peterschmitt florent at peterschmitt.fr
Fri Jun 10 08:01:03 UTC 2016

10 juin 2016 08:06 "Andrei Borzenkov" <arvidjaar at gmail.com> a écrit:
> 09.06.2016 23:30, Florent Peterschmitt пишет:
>
>> The log with systemd.log_level=debug at boot is located here:
>> http://data.peterschmitt.fr/systemd.log
>
> Unfortunately this log while being verbose does not add any useful
> information.
>
>> Here is the output from udevadm about /dev/mapper/root:
>>
>> # udevadm info /dev/mapper/root
>> P: /devices/virtual/block/dm-0
>> N: dm-0
>> E: DEVNAME=/dev/dm-0
>> E: DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/block/dm-0
>> E: DEVTYPE=disk
>> E: DM_UDEV_DISABLE_DISK_RULES_FLAG=1
>> E: DM_UDEV_DISABLE_OTHER_RULES_FLAG=1
>> E: DM_UDEV_DISABLE_SUBSYSTEM_RULES_FLAG=1
>> E: MAJOR=253
>> E: MINOR=0
>> E: SUBSYSTEM=block
>> E: SYSTEMD_READY=0
>
> Which explains why systemd ignores this device.
>
> Look in initrd udev rules for SYSTEMD_READY assignment and post all
> rules that do it.

cat initrd | cpio -idv && grep -rn SYSTEMD_READY returns nothing.

Perhaps genkernel (the tool used to make an initrd) is really not compatible with systemd.

This remembers me that "genkernel-next" exists and has an "UDEV=" variable, but didn't used it because the btrfs binary wasn't embedded.

I'll check it again, also i could try with dracut.

Thanks for your time, i'll give news about this.

Florent Peterschmitt