[systemd-devel] machine: which is the right way to unregister a machine?

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Sun Jun 12 00:07:36 UTC 2016

Hello,
I am currently working on a fix for:

How does a machine get deregistered?
I look for a proper way to remove the machine from the hashmap
(see below). Does systemd have a function that provides deregistering a
machine?

> if (hashmap_get(manager->machines, name))
>         return sd_bus_error_setf(error, BUS_ERROR_MACHINE_EXISTS,
>                              "Machine '%s' already exists", name);

I was thinking about deregistering the machine right after the kill via
SIGINT to the systemd PID1 in the machine.
What would be the best way to do this?

best regards

Chris