[systemd-devel] systemd-cryptsetup: Failed to deactivate: Device or resource busy

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 10:48:23 UTC 2016

26.06.2016 11:29, Michael Biebl пишет:
>> You obviously cannot deactivate crypto container that has your root. The
>> only fix here is to exempt it from stopping on shutdown or return to
>> initramfs to do it.
>
> Would you say  it's a bug in systemd then?

Well, not really (if you define "bug" as "not working as intended").
Just missing code.

I suppose to avoid this we need to modify cryptsetup-generator to not
put Conflicts on umount.target for "important" filesystems (at least
root, may be more). I think it should use the same logic as already
exists for skipping filesystems during umount spree.

The obvious problem is how to detect that crypto container is
"important". In your case we do not have direct relation between crypto
container and mount point. That is similar to the problem of reliably
detecting network filesystems.

OTOH we probably need some sort of conflict for "return to initramfs"
scenario, but I do not have any experience with it.