[systemd-devel] systemd.conf early-bird tickets, cfp and workshops

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 17:18:37 UTC 2016

On 06/27/2016 02:36 PM, Chris Kühl wrote:

> Workshops:
>
> A new addition to this year's conference is the workshop day. The goal
> of this day is to offer hands-on training sessions to those who want
> to learn more about systemd. It's intended that these trainings be
> conducted by systemd community members. Proposals for workshops can be
> submitted at https://cfp.systemd.io
>
> If you have questions about workshops please contact us at info at systemd.io

Or you can just be replied to here since you advertise 300 euro
participation fee for workshop schedule that a) does not exist and b) is
not part of the professional package ( read as corporate sponsored
individuals since we do have quite few that would be considered
professionals in the community, where this might be a value add to ) is
expected to be conducted by systemd community members for systemd
community members ( since they would also have to pay 300 euro fee also
to attend ).

It would be good to know who's the genius behind this idea, ( read sat
somewhere at an meeting and had the "hey here's an idea let's add
workshop to the mix, have the community manage it and charge 300 euros
for it in the process" )  the pricing behind it and where does all that
money go?

JBG