[systemd-devel] Time synchronization over HTTP?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 28 11:02:02 UTC 2016

Am 28.06.2016 um 05:20 schrieb Kai Hendry:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2016, at 08:33 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> normally service level agreemnets contain basic prerequisites and if the
>> are ignored the customers has to pay a penalty in case of support cases
>
> You live in a different world to me.

you are doing something wrong when other idiot admins with a "only
80/443 syndrome" don't realize that at least 53 and 123 are important
ports for basic services becomne your problem

> Just going to follow up with a blog I found on the matter of “time over
> HTTPS”:
> http://phk.freebsd.dk/time/20151129.html
>
> Though he considers this method for sanity checking atm.
> https://twitter.com/bsdphk/status/747346942351544320
>
> So it doesn't really validate my proposal as an authoritative source.

because HTTP is simply the wrong protocol and when you try to understand
how the NTP protocol works you will realize that too