[systemd-devel] FYI: github PRs run tests on IBM zSystems now

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 1 18:44:13 UTC 2016

Hello all,

We have a second architecture besides x86_64 for github PR integration
tests now: IBM zSeries (aka s390x, fka zSeries or System Z).  So we
now have coverage of big-endian as well.

We can only run a few integration tests there though, as on this
architecture we don't have real QEMU yet, so we are limited to
container tests. But we still at least run make check, booting, and
networkd. https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/2777 is an example PR.

I'll continue to monitor the PRs to check for flakiness or
infrastructure problems. Once that stabilizes, we can also consider
adding x86 so that we cover 32 bit too.

Thanks,

Martin