[systemd-devel] howto systemd restart one network device

Kai Krakow hurikhan77 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:49:52 UTC 2016

Am Mon, 29 Feb 2016 22:59:17 -0800
schrieb J Decker <d3ck0r at gmail.com>:

> well that was the search....
>
> after everything is up how do I restart a single device so it will
> work in the meantime...

I usually do "systemctl restart systemd-networkd" which probably
restarts all devices. This worked for me all the time.

Maybe something like:

$ systemctl restart sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp5s0.device
                                              ^^^^^^
                                        put your device here

Found by "systemctl | fgrep enp"

However, "systemctl show ..." indicates it doesn't support doing that.

--
Regards,
Kai

Replies to list-only preferred.