[systemd-devel] After update from 208->229 can't get calendar timers to work :-\

warpme warpme at o2.pl
Tue Mar 1 20:24:19 UTC 2016

HI

I updated systemd from 208 to 229 and since then I can’t get working my calendar timers.

I spent hours trying to understand why it is not working….

Running „systemctl list-timers” for not working calendar timer shows:

———————————————
NEXT                          LEFT                LAST                         PASSED        UNIT                                ACTIVATES
…..
Wed 2016-03-02 02:25:00 CET   5h 15min left       n/a                          n/a           mythtv-epg-grab-and-load.timer      mythtv-epg-grab-and-load.service
…..
———————————————

NEXT and LEFT times are shown correctly - so it looks systemd correctly reads .timer unit.
All timers are symlinked in /etc/systemd/system/timers.target.wants
But corresponding service is never started.

mythtv-epg-grab-and-load.timer unit is following:
———————————————
[Unit]
Description=Timer for periodic EPG grabing and loading to DB

[Timer]
OnCalendar=Mon,Wed,Fri *-*-* 02:25:00
# OnCalendar=*-*-* 11:05:00
AccuracySec=1us
Unit=mythtv-epg-grab-and-load.service

[Install]
WantedBy=timers.target
———————————————

mythtv-epg-grab-and-load.service
———————————————
[Unit]
Description=@Periodic EPG grabing and loading to DB
After=mysqld.service mythbackend.service

[Service]
User=mythtv
Group=mythtv
Type=oneshot
Nice=19
IOSchedulingClass=2
IOSchedulingPriority=7
ExecStart=/usr/bin/wg++/grab-and-load-epg.sh

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

May somebody hint me where issue is?