[systemd-devel] Issues with docker systemd cgroups integration

Michal Sekletar msekleta at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 16:30:19 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Michal Sekletar [2016-03-15 16:06 +0100]:
>> We had similar problem in the past with libvirtd and it got solved by
>> introducing Delegate option (man systemd.resource-control).
>
> docker.io did that too three weeks ago:
>
>   https://github.com/docker/docker/commit/65820132

This seems odd. I thought you primarily want to enable delegation for
scope units wrapping processes which constitute your container and not
for the container manager itself. For example, on Fedora 23
libvirtd.service doesn't have Delegate=yes. However libvirtd registers
VMs as machines in machined. And machined will take care for creating
scope unit and it also sets Delegate=yes for the scope.

Michal