[systemd-devel] systemctl --user fails because no D-BUS.

Flavio Leitner fbl at sysclose.org
Thu Mar 24 16:21:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to create services and timers per user but on a recent
CentOS minimal installation it doesn't work out of the box:

$ ssh <server>
server$ systemctl --user daemon-reload
Failed to get D-Bus connection: No such file or directory

I found some websites talking about creating a session with dbus-launch
command, but that is packaged by dbus-x11, so it didn't make too much
sense for me as I am not using anything related to x11.

Looking at dbus-daemon man-page it says the daemon is started each time
a logs in, but I couldn't find what should do that for text only logins.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
--
fbl