[systemd-devel] systemctl --user fails because no D-BUS.

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Thu Mar 24 19:26:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 08:01:23PM +0200, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 6:21 PM, Flavio Leitner <fbl at sysclose.org> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to create services and timers per user but on a recent
> > CentOS minimal installation it doesn't work out of the box:
> >
> > $ ssh <server>
> > server$ systemctl --user daemon-reload
> > Failed to get D-Bus connection: No such file or directory
> >

> First check `systemctl status user@$UID.service` to make sure you actually
> *have* a `systemd --user` instance, as some distros have ripped it out
> entirely.

 ”Some distros” include CentOS:
https://git.centos.org/blob/!!!!!!!rpms!systemd.git/4e2e74ff857d63b164391a16e8a42c78e8a935be/SOURCES!0004-remove-user-.service.patch

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia