[systemd-devel] x-systemd.automount timeout not cancels system call

Basin Ilya basinilya at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 07:20:53 UTC 2016

Hi list.

I have this in my fstab:

    UUID=023254F93254F361 /media/il/USBHDD auto    noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.device-timeout=10    0    0

If the device is not present, there's a timeout message in the journal after 10s, but an attempt to access `/media/il/USBHDD` hangs forever despite the timeout.
I want some error instead, like "No medium" or "Host is down". How to achieve this?

In the past I had my USB drive automounted by file manager from XFCE. There was a dependency problem with systemd and a `cryptsetup` container on that disk: systemd didn't notice, when xfce mounted the disk in `/run/media/$USER` and didn't start the cryptsetup unit.