[systemd-devel] Setting size for "/run" partition

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon May 9 10:27:03 UTC 2016

On Mon, 09.05.16 12:07, Ricardo Fraile (rfraile at idealista.com) wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I want to keep more journald logs on "/run/log/journal", but the actual
> size of the "/run" partition isn't enough.
>
> Looking for a place for setting a new size value I fall into
> "/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d" but the only reference of "/run" is a symlink from
> "/var/run"...
>
> Where is the place for setting a new size for the "/run" partition?

/run is mounted during early boot by PID 1 itself, and its size
defaults to 50% of the available system memory.

You can remount the file system any time you like to adjust its size limit:

    mount /run -oremount,size=...

You can add a line for this to /etc/fstab actually. If it is listed
there then systemd will automatically remount /run during late boot
with the parameters listed in there, through
systemd-remount-fs.service.