[systemd-devel] Can coredumpctl work independent of journald?

P.R.Dinesh pr.dinesh at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:01:42 UTC 2016

I have set the journald to be persistant and limit its size to 40MB.
I had a process coredumped and the coredump file is found in
/var/log/systemd/coredump

When I run coredumpctl this coredump is not shown.

Later I found that the core dump log is missing from the Journal ( the
journal got wrapped since it reached the size limitation).

I think coredumpctl depends on journal to display the coredump.  Can't it
search for the coredump files present in the coredump folder and list those
files?

Also can I launch the coredumpctl gdb by providing a compressed core file.

Thank you
--
With Kind Regards,
Dinesh P Ramakrishnan