[systemd-devel] service stop taking too long

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed May 18 12:06:54 UTC 2016

On Wed, 18.05.16 16:00, Pradeepa Kumar (cdpradeepa at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi experts,
> I am using systemd v219.
> I need help with a systemd issue that I am seeing.
> I see that some times stopping of service is taking long time (42 sec).
> i checked this in journal logs also.
>  is this is known issue ?
> how do i debug this ?
>  and any solutions ?

Well, that depends on the specific service. If a specific service
takes 42s to shut down, then try figuring out what it does. If there's
nothing in the journal, then maybe the service maintains its own logs?
If it does not, see if you can turn on debug logging for it.

Either way, that's really a question to ask the maintainers of that
service, not to systemd upstream.