[systemd-devel] Shutdown a specific service in systemd shutdown

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sun May 22 12:24:47 UTC 2016

19.05.2016 11:57, Martin Pitt пишет:
> Hello Bao,
>
> Bao Nguyen [2016-05-19 15:52 +0700]:
>> When the system is shutdown, systemd will terminate all services in
>> parallel manner, could you let me know if there is any ways to tell systemd
>> to shutdown a specific service first, then shutdown all remaining services?
>
> The concept of "first"/"last" has no well-defined meaning in any
> non-serial init systems (not even SysV init with insserv, only with
> classic SysV init with manually set priorities). I've heard requests
> like "but this needs to be started as the last thing" a lot in the
> recent years, and there's no way all the services can simultaneously
> be "last" :-)

Well, the very good example of service that has to be started/stopped
before/after anything else is splash screen (plymouth or anything). It
really must appear as soon as user hit ENTER in "systemctl reboot". As
it stands now, there is no way to ensure it.

> You should put sufficient After= properties into your service, so that
> it gets started after and stopped before the ones you specify.

Do you suggest adding dependency on plymouth to *every* service?