[systemd-devel] Fwd: Handling ExecStop failure

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon May 23 08:32:53 UTC 2016

Am 23.05.2016 um 10:00 schrieb Ashish Sangwan:
> My second issue is, on failure of stopping/umounting, no failure
> message appears on console although I have used StandardError option

sadly systemd don't print service outputs to console

even something like "systemd-run -t --service-type=oneshot --quiet"
behaves differently and don't work if you call it via crond to get the
typical behavior of cronjobs sending mails when some output appears
(imho a major bug by design or accident)