[systemd-devel] DBus's PropertiesChanged signal is not triggered when an Unit stop successfully

Adrien Besnard adrien.besnard at gmail.com
Mon May 23 10:38:32 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to make a small Python script which send an email when a
*Type=oneshot
*service ends (either in success or in failure).

To do that, I'm using the dbus binding for Python, and connecting to the
*PropertiesChanged* signal on the unit I'm monitoring.

It works great when the process fails (the signal is triggered and I see
*ActiveState* and *SubState* refleting the failure) but not when the
service end successully because not *PropertiesChanged* signal is
triggered.

All I see is an *UnitRemoved* signal triggered by the manager interface...
Is that normal?

Do you guys have an idea of what I'm missing here?

Thanks!
--
Adrien BESNARD