[systemd-devel] shutdown delayed by failure to start a service

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu May 26 15:29:29 UTC 2016

Did this ever get fixed? IOW, sometimes a service will fail to start when a
system is started, or later, after a session of updating, a previously
operating service fails to restart, or a newly installed service fails to
start, or a service is removed. Then at shutdown/reboot time, systemd pauses
90 seconds with a message about trying to *start* a service. I think I most
often notice this when I try to hold down CAD after a normal shutdown/reboot
order gets stuck or seemingly ignored. At such times I typically see an
"endless" string of failing to save sound card state messages.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/