[systemd-devel] rpcbind.socket failing

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Nov 2 15:34:01 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-11-01 at 20:01 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 01.11.2016 18:47, Lennart Poettering пишет:
> > DefaultDependencies=no now, which means you run in early boot, and
> > then things become more complex, as /var is not around fully yet.
> >

> Unit file had RequiresMountsFor=/var/run. If this is not enough to
> ensure unit starts only after /var/run is mounted, then what exactly
> RequiresMountsFor does?

/var/run is not a mountpoint, it's an obsolete compatibility symlink to
/run. Thus that RequiresMountsFor is satisfied as long as /var is
mounted. The symlink is created by tmpfiles. Though even without
correct dependencies on tmpfiles, I'd expect the symlink to already be
around from previous boots on a persistent /var partition, so I don't
know why that'd cause a visible failure.