[systemd-devel] nfs-server.service starts before _netdev iscsi mount completes (required)... how can I fix this?

ccox at endlessnow.com ccox at endlessnow.com
Fri Nov 4 18:12:25 UTC 2016

>On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 04:01:15PM -0700, ccox at endlessnow.com wrote:
 >> so.... I'm using CentOS 7, and we're mounting a disk from our
iSCSI
 >> SAN and then we want to export that via NFS.  But on a fresh boot
the
 >> nfs-server service fails because the filesytem isn't there yet.
Any
 >> ideas on how to fix this?
>
>Add RequiresMountsFor=/your/export/path to nfs-server.service

(first, apologize for the formatting using a very limted web based
i/f)

I tried creating a nfs-server.service.d directory with a
required-mounts.conf with that line in it and it did not work.
However adding the line directly to the nfs-server.service file did
work.  Can't we add this using a nfs-server.service.d directory and
conf file?