[systemd-devel] Spacewalk osad

Oucema Bellagha Oucema.Bellagha at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 08:11:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

Setup Spacewalk 2.3 server and trying to automate the deployment of updates to a testclient running CentOS7, but the problem is that after installing  spacewalk client and adding the client to the server, I installed OSAD (which allows a remote execution of updates from spacewalk server) and the related dependencies: the service doesn't start:

systemctl start osad

journalctl -xe

Unit osad.service has begun starting up.
Nov 10 08:57:43 clientxxx osad[2757]: Unable to load module osad
Nov 10 08:57:43 clientxxx osad[2757]: No module named i18n
Nov 10 08:57:43 clientxxx systemd[1]: osad.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Nov 10 08:57:43 clientxxx systemd[1]: Failed to start OSAD daemon.
-- Subject: Unit osad.service has failed

so mainly the problem is the module i18n, but I installed pip python-i18n and oslo.i18n but the problem still the same..
Any suggestions ?