[systemd-devel] Fwd: Query on Journald config

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Nov 10 19:17:45 UTC 2016

On Tue, 08.11.16 13:51, kumaran ida (kumaranida at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to understand journald features to the fullest. From my
> understanding currently journal listen to kernel message , syslog message
> and its own socket . Is there some way we can configure jounrald to not to
> listen to syslog or kernel message.

You can alter the systemd-journald-dev-log.socket unit file, and drop
the Symlinks=/dev/log line, and make something else take over that
symlink.

You can use InaccessiblePath=/dev/kmsg to make journald not read from
the kernel.

But note that such changes void your warranty and will break a good
chunk of features. If you make these changes you are basically on your
own.

Good luck,