[systemd-devel] systemd-sysv-generator bug ?

Cédric BRINER cedric.briner at unige.ch
Fri Nov 18 14:46:26 UTC 2016

Hi,

We used to have a custom init script written for systemV that was working.

Now, for some unknown reason, systemd does not to treat this init script
as it used to be.

The init script is a bit odd, as it does not start the daemon itself.
This task is done by an admin that launches it through the console. This
step does not interact with the init script nor with systemd.

So the init script is mainly used, to stop the daemon nicely.

With systemd, some filesystems (local_fs) that supports the database of
this daemon are unmounted before the stop command of the daemon starts.
This corrupts our database.

It *feels* that systemd considers an init script-stop to follow the Unit
contraints only if the service is in a certain state. Which is not the
case for systemV and for our case :/

So... am I a bit right on this topic?

If so how can I instruct this service to execute the ExecStop before
unmounting the local_fs. And don't tell me to specify RequiresMountsFor
with the listing of mount, as this has been tested with no success.

Regards.

Cédric BRINER

systemd 219

--