[systemd-devel] Promoting a pull request

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Nov 22 12:07:51 UTC 2016

On Tue, 22.11.16 11:44, Jouke Witteveen (j.witteveen at gmail.com) wrote:

> The contribution guidelines [1] state:
>
> > After you have pushed a new version, try to remove the
> > reviewed/needs-rework label. Also add a comment about the new version
> > (no notification is sent just for the commits, so it's easy to miss the
> > update without an explicit comment).
>
> I see no way of (trying to) removing the reviewed/needs-rework label
> in the PR interface. I feel that as a result, my PR (#4259) has fallen
> off the radar. Is there anything I can do to sponsor my PR? I am still
> interested in seeing it merged.
>
> If it is indeed impossible to do anything with the assigned labels,
> maybe the quoted part of the contibution guidelines should be updated.

I usually get notified by github if people comment on github, but
there are no notifications if labels change or you update a
branch. Hence: to make sure your updates are noticed, always also add
a comment to the PR, otherwise it will never show up as "changed" in
the PR list...

Yeah, github UI sucks in this regard... Simply keep in mind to also
write one comment each time you update a PR branch!