[systemd-devel] Started process not attach to its related service.

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:26:12 UTC 2016

23.11.2016 11:08, Benoit SCHMID пишет:
> Hello,
>
> On 11/22/2016 11:46 AM, Holger Kiehl wrote:
>> But users do test things under their login environment and expect them
>> to run in this environment. So for some applications this is a must.
> I fully agree with you.
>
> I am a SAP admin.
>
> As far as SAP is concerned, to manage the service, the procedure is
> to issue sidadm user and start commands with different arguments
> from this shell user.

Recent (for suitable definition of "recent") SAP releases are using
sapcontrol framework to start/stop SAP services. So start startsap
actually does, is to make remote procedure call to sapstartsrv which
then starts SAP instance processes. So as long as startsapsrv itself is
launched as separate service, your problem should not happen. This may
offer suitable workaround.