[systemd-devel] systemd-journald error

Joel Miller jm-hotmail at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 25 10:33:17 UTC 2016

Because I had misspelled the word "persistent" as "persisten" (dropping
the final "t"), I received the following error:

[    1.485872] systemd-journald[104]: [/etc/systemd/journald.conf:11]
Failed to parse storage setting, ignoring: persisten

Despite correcting the .conf file (/etc/systemd/journald.conf in SuSE
Leap 42.1), the error remains, perhaps because the value is cached
somewhere in the system, but it is not causing any issues that I can
detect.  I welcome any suggestions of where to look.

I am aware that I could reload the configuration for journald or the
entire systemd.  And should neither of those work, I could reinstall
systemd.

If I should have posted this on a different list, please let me know (I
do have a thread on an openSuSE forum).

Thanks.

Joel Miller
973 736 8306