[systemd-devel] systemd-journald error

D.S. Ljungmark spider at aanstoot.se
Wed Nov 30 11:34:08 UTC 2016

On 25/11/16 22:47, Joel wrote:
> Lennart -
>

> Thank you for the reply.
>

> It's not clear whether you are instructing me to do something
> (restart journald or rebuild initrd) or asking a question.

If your distribution builds in the config file into the initrd, it's not
enough to simply edit the journald.conf on your live system and restart
journald,  you'll also need to rebuild the initrd.

If journald is started in initrd (early boot), it will still see the
config file from the initrd if getting a reload signal.